Even if you make an effort to eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, the daytime
snacking you do at your desk can sabotage your effort to stay healthy. If you’re
strapped for time, you may instinctively go for something quick like the vending
machine or leftover stale donuts.
Before you reach for your next quick-bite empty calorie food, keep in mind that you
have plenty of options that fit right in your top desk drawer or a small lunchbox
beneath your desk.
We put together 20 quick and healthy snack ideas to have readily available when
you are on the go or working late.
- Popcorn and nuts
- Fruit and cheese
- Non-fat Greek yogurt with chia seeds and berries
- Celery with almond butter
- Bell peppers and hummus
- Cottage cheese and melon
- Sliced turkey and crackers
- Bananas with peanut butter
- String cheese with apples
- Fruit and nut bars
- Tuna with sliced tomato and cucumber
- Grape tomatoes with tzatziki dip
- Fruit salad with apples, oranges, grapes, and sunflower seeds
- Beef jerky
- Unsweetened apple sauce
- Rice cakes with cashew butter and jam
- Hard boiled eggs with veggie sticks
- Oatmeal with walnuts
- Guacamole and low-fat chips
Next time you head to the store, add some of these high energy, low calorie snack
ideas to your list. At the beginning of your workweek, bring enough for each day so
that you avoid getting through your afternoon slump but heading for those sugary,
high calorie snacks found around the office.