Healthy Moose Munch
Content from our friend Allie at Miss Allie’s Kitchen
THIS HEALTHY MOOSE MUNCH SNACK MIX IS A SALTY AND SWEET TREAT. DAIRY-FREE COCONUT CARAMEL AND A CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE COVER CRUNCHY POPCORN, ALMONDS, AND CASHEWS.
I have had the munchies lately after the holidays! My body is saying give me the vegetables and healthy food but my brain is still saying COOKIES!
So, I thought I would make us a healthier snack/dessert that we could whip up easily to munch on when that sweet tooth craving hits.
I absolutely love salty sweet combos. As I’ve aged, I get less and less of a sweet tooth, so if I’m going to have something rich like chocolate, I have to have it with salty or fruity flavors to keep my palate interested.
I made this really easy on myself and used LesserEvil Organic Popcorn which is pre-popped so I got to skip that step entirely. I totally recommend doing this, just grab a box of it on Amazon with your next order! You need one bag for this recipe, so all you have to do it dump it out, mix it with the nuts and cover everything with the caramel and chocolate. It’s that easy!
The best part about this is how fast it satisfies my craving and fills me up. It’s got a good amount of healthy fats and protein from the nuts so a few handfuls usually does the trick!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
This Healthy Moose Munch snack mix is a salty and sweet treat. Dairy-free coconut caramel and chocolate cover crunchy popcorn, almonds, and cashews.
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
5 oz. LesserEvil Popcorn (1 bag)
1 cup almonds
1 cup cashews
1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Add the coconut sugar and sea salt to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Warm for one minute.
- Add the coconut milk and heat until mixture comes to a full, rolling boil over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool while the oven preheats so it’s not scalding.
- Preheat the oven to 275F.
- Mix the popcorn, almonds, and cashews together in a bowl.
- Dump the popcorn and nuts from the bowl and distribute evenly between two sheet pans lined with parchment paper. The parchment is important so everything doesn’t stick.
- Drizzle the coconut cream caramel evenly over both sheet pans, using your hands to toss the popcorn and nuts in the caramel to coat them. It’s OK if not every piece is super covered.
- Bake for 1 hour, and let the moose munch cool in the sheet pans before breaking it into clusters.
- Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle evenly over the sheet trays. Let the chocolate set before breaking everything apart again into clusters and serving.
- Happy snacking!
You could also line the pan with a Silpat, but just greasing it won’t do as good of a job.
Sugar: 20 g
Sodium: 175 mg
Fat: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 6 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Paleo Charcuterie Board with Himalayan Pink Puffs
The Perfect Paleo Charcuterie Board with Grain Free Puffs! by Ashlee...
Honey Peanut Butter Coconut Cream Dip
Honey Peanut Butter Coconut Cream Dip Honey Peanut Butter Coconut...
Vegetarian Enchiladas with Avocado Crema
Vegetarian Enchiladas with Avocado Crema This gluten free and dairy free vegetarian enchilada packs...
Dark Chocolate Popcorn Cups
Dark Chocolate Popcorn Cupsby Cooking with Ricci Want a sweet...
Creamy Pumpkin-Spice Dip
Huevos Rancheros Egg White Curl Nachos
Huevos Rancheros Egg White Curl Nachos Recipe by The Mindful...
Salty & Sweet Superfood Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
Try this simple recipe for a sweet & salty treat!