Pumpkin Spice Latte Popcorn Bar
By: Mikyla Meckelson
Featuring: LesserEvil Himalayan Sweetness Popcorn
Sticky date popcorn crust topped with spiced pumpkin pie and a thick layer of dairy-free pumpkin espresso cold foam. Gluten-free and low-sugar, these are a pumpkin spice latte lover’s dream dessert!
- 6 gluten-free vegan graham cracker sheets
- 2 cups of LesserEvil Himalayan Sweetness Popcorn
- 10 dates
- 2 ¼ cups canned pumpkin
- 4 tbsp. ground flax seeds + 8 tbsp. warm water
- ¼ cup sunflower butter
- 2 tbsp. brown rice syrup
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/8th tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup coconut sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. espresso powder
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp. boiling hot water
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by blending the popcorn and graham crackers into crumbles. Then add the pitted dates, brown rice syrup, and sunflower butter. Pulse until a sticky paste forms.
- Transfer the crust to a parchment lined 8×8 pan and press down firmly.
- In a small bowl combine the ground flaxseeds and warm water and set aside to firm up for 5 minutes to form the “flax egg”
- In a medium bowl combine canned pumpkin, maple syrup, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, sweetened condensed milk, and the “flax egg”. Mix well and then transfer the pumpkin pie layer to the top of the crust.
- Bake the pumpkin pie bars for 45-50 minutes until mostly firm.
- Allow to cool completely before preparing the espresso cold foam.
- In a large mixer whip the cold coconut cream and vanilla until fluffy. To make the cold foam combine the espresso powder, organic cane sugar, and boiling hot water into a large bowl. Use a milk whisking wand to whip the espresso to a creamy and fluffy mixture. Then fold ½ of the whipped espresso into the coconut whip.
- Transfer the coconut cream to the top of the cold pumpkin bars and drop the remaining half of the whipped espresso into droplets on top. Drag a knife through the cold foam to make a coffee swirl design. Transfer the bars to the freezer and let chill for 1 hour.
- Slice the bars and serve immediately.