Sweet Potato Mousse
Incredibly creamy and healthy sweet potato mousse topped with Sweet Potato Lil’ Puffs! This easy vegan dessert is made with only 7 ingredients and requires no bake time! It’s refined sugar-free, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free and so delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- 3 cups cooked sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 6 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8th tsp. cardamom *optional
- 1/8th tsp salt
- 4 single serving jars
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. While the water is heating, use a peeler to remove the skin from the sweet potatoes.
- When the water is boiling, add a pinch of salt to the water and place the sweet potatoes in the water to cook. Cook them for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the water and allow the sweet potatoes to cool while you gather the remaining ingredients.
- In a blender combine, 3 cups of boiled sweet potatoes with 1/2 cup of coconut cream, 4 teaspoons of maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar, ½ teaspoon of vanilla, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8th teaspoon cardamom, and 1/8th teaspoon of salt.
- Blend well until smooth and creamy. Then remove 1/3 of the mousse from the blender and evenly fill the bottom of 4 jars.
- In the remaining mousse add ¼ cup of coconut cream and 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar, and blend again until creamy. This layer will be lighter in color because it contains more coconut cream! Remove ½ of the mousse in the blender and layer this lighter mousse evenly in each jar.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup of coconut cream, final 2 teaspoons of maple syrup, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon to the blender and blend until creamy. Once creamy, evenly distribute the lightest color mousse into the 4 jars.
- Place the ombre mousse jars into the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours, but up to 24 hours.
- When the mousse is cold and firm, remove the jars from the fridge.
- Finally, top with Sweet Potato Lil’ Puffs for a delicious crunch! It’s the perfect complimenting texture for this smooth and creamy mousse.